NLE-FloorPlan2017-sold-4-24-17pdfThank you for your interest in the New Living Expo. For over
25 years the Expo has brought healing, enlightenment, education and wonder to the Bay Area. We are excited to be in San Mateo for our fourth year and to begin a new chapter in a long history of this wonderful event!
The Expo draws learners, changers and explorers of alternative thinking and being. The 10,000+ crowd is diverse, engaged, and looking for new and different products and businesses to support their beliefs and lifestyle. Be a part of this exciting event and book your space today!
Click on the image to see a larger PDF version of the Floor Plan
If you have any questions please email us.
WHAT BOOTH FEE INCLUDES:
10’x 10’ Booth Space (with some exceptions)
8’ high Pipe and Drape Back Wall
3’ Side Drape
6’ Draped Table
2 Padded Chairs
Booth Name Sign: 7”x 44” The sign will read booth name and number, for example: “ Body Tools Booth #420”
1 – 3 Day Parking Pass with in and out privileges
4 Exhibitor Badges will be provided for each booth. Additional badges can be purchased (10 for $75, 25 for $150).
No exchanging of badges at Exhibitor Check-in during show. If you have a shift change and need to hand off the exhibitor badge to the next person working at your booth, please make the exchange outside of the Event Center. We will not “hold” badges at the check-in counter. Everyone who enters must have a badge or buy a ticket.
Median Income: $60,900
Education: 88% have college degrees
Occupation: 70% professional/managerial
Median Age: 36
Female shoppers: 70%
70% shop in natural food stores and buy natural foods
74% buy vitamins
65% expressed interest in personal growth
60% use herbal products
51% buy natural body care products
38% buy natural cosmetics
25% own a juicer or food processor
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE BEFORE FILLING OUT THE ON-LINE APPLICATION.
EXPO DATES: April 28- April 30, 2017
EXPO TIMES: Friday: 2pm -9pm, Saturday: 10am-8pm, Sunday: 11am-7pm
SET UP TIMES: Thursday, 3:00pm-8:30pm and Friday, 8:00am-2:00pm
BREAK DOWN TIME: Sunday, 7:00pm-midnight
LOCATION OF EXPO: San Mateo Event Center, Fiesta Hall, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA 94403
BOOTH FEES: (A) Booth = $1,600, (B) Booth = $1,300, (C) Booth = $1,150 (D) Booths = $1400.00
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of total cost of booth is required within 10 days of reservation
The remainder can be paid in payments but ALL BOOTH FEES ARE DUE IN FULL BY MARCH 1ST: NO EXCEPTIONS!
We accept Visa, MC, Discover, or Amex. We also take checks or cash.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Credit cards on file will automatically be charged the booth balance on March 1, 2017, unless prior arrangements are made.
CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation at least 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, any monies paid over and above the 50% deposit amount before discount will be credited toward future Expos. In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation less than 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, all monies paid will be forfeited.
Aisles will be carpeted, but booth spaces will not. Carpeting may be rented for $144 per booth.
Electricity is not included. The fee for electrical services $99 for 500 watts.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Each booth comes with the following: 10’x10’ (except where noted on floor plan)
8’ tall, pipe and drape at the back & 3’ tall along the 2 sides, a 6’ draped table, 2 chairs, 1 wastebasket, a booth listing on website, and a booth listing in printed program guide if contracted by March 1, 20171. Deposits & Cancellations: All Exhibitors must pay a non-refundable deposit of at least 50% of the total rental charge within 10 days of placing a reservation in order to maintain a booth reservation. In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation at least 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, any monies paid over and above the 50% deposit amount before discount will be credited toward future Expos. Exhibitor setup will not be permitted unless Sponsor has received signed contract(s) and all fees are paid. In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation less than 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, all monies paid will be forfeited. Booth Payments, including mailed checks, are due in full and must be received by March 1. Credit cards on file will automatically be charged the booth balance after March 1, 2017, unless prior arrangements are made.
1. Deposits & Cancellations: All Exhibitors must pay a non-refundable deposit of at least 50% of the total rental charge within 10 days of placing a reservation in order to maintain a booth reservation. In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation at least 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, any monies paid over and above the 50% deposit amount before discount will be credited toward future Expos. Exhibitor setup will not be permitted unless Sponsor has received signed contract(s) and all fees are paid. In the event of an Exhibitor cancellation less than 30 days prior to the opening day of the Expo, all monies paid will be forfeited. Booth Payments, including mailed checks, are due in full and must be received by March 1. Credit cards on file will automatically be charged the booth balance after March 1, 2017, unless prior arrangements are made.
2. Program Guide Display Ad, Website Expanded Booth Description, Website Home Page Logo must be Paid in Full.
3. Agreement Terms: If payment is not made by the Exhibitor as per this agreement, New Living Expo may cancel this agreement and release said exhibit space without notice of refund. By acceptance of this agreement, the Exhibitor expressly releases New Living Expo from any and all liability for damage, injury, or loss to any person or goods which may arise from the rental and occupation of booth space. Signature acknowledges acceptance of terms located on this page and the next.
4. Set up times/breakdown times: Thursday, April 27 from 3:00-8:30PM and Friday, April 28 from 8:00-2:00PM. The show opens to the public at 2:00PM on Friday, April 28. At that time, all booths must be ready. Breakdown will begin at 7:00PM on Sunday, April 30, and continue until 12 midnight. Exhibitors who have not broken down by midnight will be charged $500 per hour. 2017 exhibit hours at the Event Center are as follows: on Friday, April 28, 2:00-9:00PM; Saturday, April 29, 10:00-8:00PM; Sunday, April 30, 11:00-7:00PM.
5. Product/Service Eligibility: Sponsor reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any product, company and/or service in the booth area. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitor to inform the Expo of any product, service or claim which does not comply with the regulations of the FDA or any other State or Federal regulatory agency and/or which is considered experimental. Exhibitor is strictly prohibited from having or selling on-site any substance or product considered being illegal. Consequences for any such action will be solely born by the Exhibitor and may be cause for expulsion.
6. Reservation Form & Info Kit: All products and services to be sold, offered or referred to during the New Living Expo must be included on the reservation form. No sublet or split booth space shall be permitted without prior written agreement with Sponsor. A detailed information kit will be emailed to each Exhibitor. This kit will contain information on electrical, drayage, shipping, and extra tables, chairs, extra badges.
7. Booth Contents & Badges Policy: Sponsor will provide a 10’x10’ (except where noted on map) booth, a 6’ draped table, two chairs, wastebasket, and four (4) exhibitor badges for booth employees. Additional badges can be purchased (1 for $15, 4 for $30, 10 for $75, 25 for $150). No exchanging at Exhibitor Check-in during show, Pick up badges at show. Power extra for all booths.
8. Aisles and Exits, as designated on approval show plans, shall be kept clean, clear, and free of obstacles. Booth construction shall be substantial and fixed in position in specified areas for the duration of the show. Easels, signs, etc., shall not be placed beyond the booth area into the aisles or lobby areas or on ceiling or columns, etc. Interior furnishings and materials shall not be located so as to obstruct or block exit ways, fire and safety devices or equipment. Working height restrictions within the hall are 8 feet. Distribution of samples and literature is strictly limited to the confines of the Exhibitor’s booth. Also, voice and/or music amplification must be kept to a sufficiently low volume so as not to disturb other exhibitors or attendees
9. Booth Décor: No painting of signs, displays or other objects is permitted in the building. No adhesive-backed (stick-on) decals or similar items, excluding nametags, may be used in the building. “Glitter” is not permitted on carpeted areas of the building. Leave booth clean upon move-out or a charge will apply.
10. Security & Insurance: Although Sponsor will provide basic security at the San Mateo Event Center, insurance is the responsibility of the Exhibitor and is recommended. Sponsor is not responsible for replacement of lost or stolen goods. Exhibitors are responsible for obtaining their own general liability insurance for the show dates, including move-in and move-out. Exhibitors will indemnity Sponsor and the San Mateo Event Center for claims/suits arising between Exhibitors and attendees regarding booth rental.
11. Property Damage: Exhibitors are financially responsible for any damage caused to booths, decorations, or to any San Mateo Event Center property. Do not nail, screw, staple, pin, tack, tape, etc., any materials directly to the fabric.
12. Fire Safety: All federal, state and city regulations pertaining to fire and safety must be adhered to (i.e., all fabrics used in booth construction/decoration must be flame retardant). The following types of materials are considered acceptable for booth construction and decoration: wood, noncombustible materials as defined by San Mateo Fire Codes, “any material which will not ignite or actively support combustion in a surrounding temperature of 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit during an exposure of five minutes.” Flame retardant treated materials and decorations: The following exhibits will require special approval, fire permits and/or fire extinguisher in booth: exhibits with canopies, umbrellas, or other horizontal extension that impedes sprinkler systems, and all exhibits having an open flame. Any exhibit employing flammable liquid, compressed combustible gas or highly combustible or explosive material is prohibited!
13. Resale Licenses: Exhibitors are responsible for meeting all city/state resale-licensing requirements. Exhibitors must comply with all San Mateo Event Center house rules.
14. Sampling: Any Exhibitor giving away or sampling food in his/her booth is responsible for Health Department permits, rules, regulations, etc. Samplers of any food or powder that you want attendees to sample call our expo office for forms. Sampling permits are due April 1 with fees made payable to Sponsor and not to the health department.
15. Smoking & Alcoholic Beverages: In order to comply with the smoking ordinance of the Department of Public Health, smoking is not permitted in the San Mateo Event Center. By law, individuals are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages, which were purchased off premises, onto the San Mateo Event Center property.
16. Electricity: Any electrical wiring which might come into contact with the partitions must be inspected and have adequate insulation to prevent electrical shock. Additionally, all cords must be 3 pronged grounded and must be UL approved. All power must be purchased from the decorator directly, and we will send order forms to you in March.
17. No Helium balloons are allowed in the San Mateo Event Center, unless you pay a $300 deposit, so if one flies away to the ceiling you lose the deposit.
18. No animals or pets are permitted in the building without prior approval with the exception of documented service animals
19. Exhibitors agree to conduct themselves in a respectful, cooperative manner appropriate to the integrity of the attendees, fellow exhibitors, and show management staff
20. In the event that any outside cause, such as war, fire, weather, any Act of God, etc. prevents the Expo, the Management reserves the right to retain Exhibitor payments for expense compensation
21. Failure to comply with these rules and regulations may result in fines levied by Sponsor, San Mateo Event Center or Government agencies. Sponsor and San Mateo Event Center retain their right to close any exhibit that fails to cooperate with these policies
22. Any questions or issues that are not covered in this contract shall be subject solely to the decisions of the Sponsor.